Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Current Contemplation: One Month to Go

Me in front of one of my favourite LACMA exhibits - Agnes Martin (Apr - Sept 2016)

Today marks my official Last Month in Los Angeles before my move to New York City! It's always weird to me when you get to the "last month" before some big event.  The week before is a whirlwind, and the day before pretty much everything is already taken care of, but the month before is a weird nebulous of space.  A month seems like it will take forever - you have enough time (at the beginning of the month), but then by the time you get to the week before the event you wonder where all the time has gone.  (I still can't believe July is over).

In honour of my last month, for posterity, here's my to-do list of things that still have to get done:
  1. Put in my two weeks at both jobs
  2. Secure the room I'm going to rent in New York
  3. Pack all my belongings - figure out which items to sell/donate
  4. Sell my furniture in LA (bed frame/mattress/box spring, cabinet, dining room table)
  5. Find boxes for all my books in order to ship media mail across the country
  6. See any doctors, make any appointments, etc. to make sure I'm fit and ready for the move
  7. Buy nice clothes for job interviews and a new pair of good walking shoes
  8. Visit the last few places I haven't seen yet in LA
  9. Say goodbye to all my friends and family on the west coast

I'm definitely getting more excited now (especially because I realise I don't have time to be stressed).  But please (continue) pray(ing) for me as I gear up for this Last Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment