Saturday, August 26, 2017

Life Highlights: Last Douglass Hurrah



Today was a flurry of errands (packing, laundry, and grocery shopping) so that I could get everything ready for my last long work day of the summer tomorrow (and last day at the theatre!). But of course the real reward was that tonight was my last Douglass hang out for a while.

It was game night at Jacob's house out in Foothill Ranch, and it was a great time for Douglass community.

First we met up at In-And-Out for dinner (naturally I got the grilled cheese), and we were able to catch up. We also talked about the new Douglass group, and our well wishes for them.

Then we went to Jacob's where we played Cards Against Humanity (I won, Liz lost), Codename (where I was a team captain for Tim and Kevin, and Joel was team captain for Jacob and Liz - my team won the first round, then Joel's team won), Mexican Train (Tim won and I lost), Wii Resort (a hodgepodge of games - in Bowling Joel won, then Jacob, and Tim and Kevin and Liz and I tied, Jet Ski I definitely lost, then Dogfighting we all took turns and I lost to Tim [But only just]), and then Coup (Tim won the first round then Liz).

A fantastic night of Christian friendship that was the perfect last hurrah (for a little while). I'll really miss all of these lovelies across the country, but I also made sure they knew they'll always have a place to stay in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment