Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Life Highlights: Mini-Update #2

By far the most important accomplishment of the week was finding a new picture of David Bowie I hadn't seen before from when he was walking around Prince Street after shopping at Dean & Deluca (new phone background acquired!)
I was in a funk all day today (ahh the glories of a Wednesday shift). Trying to get through this week and the next is a definite struggle, since this weekend I will be going to a women's retreat in Staten Island on three hours of sleep (if I am lucky).

In other news I have an appointment with the temp recruiting agency tomorrow, so hopefully some bettet work will come out of it (if nothing else, more work to add to my resume). And hopefully I can also write a solid post (or get working on one) in the awkward time I have between my meeting and closing shift.

I keep going back and forth about the restaurant work. On one hand it helps pay (some) of the bills and all that jazz. But on the other hand I have found myself too emotionally and physically drained to do anything from my art work to applying for actual jobs in my field. Not to mention I dislike the hours (especially closing) and I wish that I worked LESS than what I currently do. I was hoping to make it until the end of 2017, but I keep finding myself more and more unhappy with my workplace as the weeks go by.

In happier news, my friend Shane is coming to visit for a day next week! I definitely want to show him a good time, and seeing him will give me encouragement until I go home at the end of November/beginning of December for family holiday celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment