Monday, October 30, 2017

Life Highlights: A New Social Calendar

Picture of the New Jersey skyline (left), Manhattan skyline (center), and Brooklyn skyline (right) that I took on our way back from Staten Island

After having a terribly inconvenient day in which I lost my MetroPass, left my "everyday bag" that's in my purse at work, had to go an hour out of my way (for what should've been 15 minutes) for purchasing some Chik-Fil-A, and having to figure out a way to cancel my doctor's appointment tomorrow because my work schedule is messed up, I have decided to hit the hay early.

This week is jam-packed (I can't believe I have something like a social schedule now), and I am already tired just thinking about it! Tomorrow after work I am meeting Crystal to talk about using my film skills to help our small church make a promotional video (since it really doesn't have the means to hire any professional church media team, so I'm excited to be able to use my education to help a worthy organization), before going to Bible study afterwards.  Then on Wednesday after work I am going to a Protestant Reformation lecture (that commemorates its 500-year "experiment") at NYU that my friend Michiru graciously invited me to.  Then on Thursday I'm going to (attempt) to get a haircut, buy more rain (and soon-to-be winter) supplies, and then go to work.  Then finally on Friday and Saturday the "Pièce De Résistance": I get to see Shane! He's coming for the day on Saturday, so I'm excited to be able to share a little bit of New York with him.

This is all after my weekend, in which I went to Staten Island on Saturday for an all-day women's retreat with some excellent ladies from church, and yesterday when I went to church before having coffee with my old friend Gretchen (it was so great to see her after so long!), skyping Anna, and doing some general errands around the house (laundry, etc).

I haven't had a social calendar like this in months, so it's exciting to see the building blocks of a life starting to show! But since this seems to be my one night off, I plan on enjoying it! Especially after such a frustrating morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment