Friday, November 10, 2017

Life Highlights: Restaurant Countdown

Washington Square Park was beautiful yesterday
NOTE: Even though I technically posted this on 11/11 at 00:53, I wrote it on 11/10 around 16:30, but didn't realise the Wi-Fi didn't go through on it :( So I altered the time stamp to be an approximation.

I officially put my two weeks in at the restaurant! It was scary, but totally worth it. I'm so excited to start yet ANOTHER chapter in my New York adventures of infrequent temp jobs, learning new skills, and making more art (once again).

I have a feeling this will be a much better solution for me, as the restaurant, although filled with lovely co-workers, is just not for me. The hours have been difficult, the pay is only so-so, and the physical demands have had serious ramifications for my (already poor) feet (yay for bunions at the ripe old age of twenty-two).

My official last day is on Thanksgiving, and between now and then I'm also excited to say I have an offer to be a receptionist for three days at Sony! Not to mention that slowly but surely my physical health has been improving, although my emotional health is still wavering (curse you change and homesickness and general mental illness). But on the positive side, like I mentioned in a previous blog post, I get to go home for a large holiday celebration bash at the end of the month! So I'm pretty excited for what's ahead, to say the least.

Overall I'm still excited and happy to have decided on this path of moving across the country, but the day-to-day can be the worst (occasionally). Good thing I've been listening to Christmas music to cheer me up! (And for all you nay-sayers, my Christmas festivities are taking place in early December so this is my actual Christmas month instead of December so I have an excuse to blast "Baby It's Cold Outside" to match the literally freezing weather today).

No comments:

Post a Comment