Saturday, February 24, 2018

Current Contemplations: Journal Drabble

cute!Ford Pines to hopefully brighten my day
Today was a really rough day.  I started moving to the new apartment which is definitely not as nice as where I've been living for the past six months.  However, the new place saves me around $100/mo in rent and it's closer to public transportation, so I think it is worth it.  The main problem, however, is that I had an anxiety attack when I was moving in and an overwhelming sense of claustrophobia also overtook me.

This probably happened for a variety of reasons, but for now, I, unfortunately, don't have a lot of time to process or deal with it, as I have two job interviews, two phone calls, and a chiropractor appointment all on Monday.  Not to mention that I will finally finish moving out on Tuesday, as today and tomorrow it's raining and I need to focus on my interview instead of unpacking.

The problem is that the lack of completion in unpacking and settling in will still be weighing on my mind on Monday.  Not to mention that I have a huge project of re-organizing, de-cluttering, and deep cleaning the entire apartment which will most likely take me all of this upcoming week.  However, for the peace of mind it will bring, I hope it will be worth it.

I've also been dealing with an insane amount of homesickness for the past four months, which wasn't helped by going home in December (in the midst of feeling blue) versus riding out the wave and the culture shock.  I also hope that when the weather begins to turn for the better in spring that I'll be able to go out and explore the City some more like I was able to in September.

In the meantime, I am trying to focus on taking things one day at a time (again), and rewarding myself with the David Bowie Is exhibit on Friday, which I will eagerly be waiting outside the museum at seven in the morning.  And longer term, I am looking forward to seeing Todd and Annaliese in May - I've already planned out a whole itinerary for us to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment