Monday, April 9, 2018

Life Highlights: Two Days Later and Birthday Re-Cap

They Say it's Your Birthday!
Wow! So it's been two days since I updated this blog - the longest gap since I started it last July.  But this weekend I was extremely busy/exhausted so now is the first time I feel like I can properly write something!

On Saturday I celebrated my birthday by going to an exhibit called MONOCHROME in Brooklyn with Michiru before going to Esme (a fun little cafe/restaurant a few blocks away form the show) for lunch (I got a really good fried chicken sandwich with bacon and fries).  The exhibit was a fun little thing- Michiru was right in getting there when it opened, as we waited around forty-five minutes to get in.  And after we left the line had quadrupled in size, so  we were glad that we got there earlier.  The exhibit itself was a bunch of rooms all themed around a different colour (ie a blue living room, a red kitchen, etc).  Although it rankled of potentially lower case "a" art, I think it still brought up interesting questions about why a certain colour and room were paired together and why the artist chose that specific flow of colours for the audience to experience (blue to red to green to yellow to pink to purple to orange).

Then on Sunday I went back to go see the David Bowie Is exhibit for a second time.  I admit I cried even more than I did the first time around, and I'm already thinking of buying another ticket for next month.  But a full post about this will be going up next.  I actually activated my "adulting powers" by waking up super early on Sunday to go shopping at Target (seventeen blocks away), clean the entire flat, make lunch/dinner, and do meal prep for the rest of the week.

This weekend it occurred to me that I've gained some extra weight since last fall due to a mix of anxiety, stress, bad eating habits, lack of exercise, and readjusting my entire posture/back to be in proper alignment.  All of that means that I'm now on a kick to only eat healthy things and exercise for the entire month of April.  Hopefully after April this will all continue, but "healthy food" is gosh darn expensive.  Not to mention that if I was in LA I would have way more choices/opportunities to do so unlike NYC.  Although I'm not about the health-crazed exercise zombies in So Cal, when you ARE actually trying to get healthier it's way easier than NYC (if nothing else because you have more options to choose from because it's part of the culture).

But extremely good birthday haul this year as I got a membership to the Met, a subscription to the Siuslaw News, and tickets to a mysterious surprise for when Todd and Annaliese come visit in three weeks (!) from my mom, the pre-order for the Collector's Edition Complete Series of "Gravity Falls" from Snake, lunch at Esme from Michiru, an Amazon gift card from my aunt, and a mysterious card coming in the mail in a few days from my brother.  And of course Bowie tickets from myself - including the official tote bag and collector's book.

Now I'm going on week three, day ten of HBO goodness, and already I keep thinking about what I want my next move to be after I gain as much experience as I can in this position.  Hopefully time flies by (along with my exercise nonsense).

No comments:

Post a Comment