Saturday, August 19, 2017

Life Highlights: Impromptu Disney Day

Selfie on the Matterhorn where I'm pretty sure I got whiplash
Today I was supposed to go to Disneyland with Manar, but unfortunately, she couldn't attend at the last minute.  Yesterday I explained the situation to Ike and he said he might be able to go.  After a lot of last-minute "planning", everything fell together so that we could go today.

We left around 13:45 and finally got to the park around 14:30.  Aliza's friend Brandon came with us (along with Aliza herself, of course), and over all, it was an excellent day.  I always feel awkward when it comes to meeting new people, but our group of four was really fun and Brandon was incredibly lovely.

In five hours we were able to go to (in the following order): California Screamin, Guardians of the Galaxy, Grizzly River, (quick stop to eat some curry at the Paradise Pier), Matterhorn, and Pirates of the Caribbean.  All the wait times were pretty reasonable, and wandering around the park itself was super fun (as always).  We had a blast talking about all sorts of topics while wandering around both parks.

Are we cartoon characters?

We ended up staying until right before the Electrical Parade around 20:00.  I was extremely tired, and the ride also made Ike sleepy.  But before we went home, we ended up stopping by my work, and my manager asked if we wanted to come in to eat.  So we, of course, made a quick detour to get one last meal in before we left.

Which, honestly, this was the highlight of my entire day.  I was supposed to go to work this evening, but JJ helped me get an ADO so I could have one last "Disney Day" with Ike, Aliza, and Brandon.  Then when we visited the restaurant, everyone both front and back of house made sure to say hello, (with some good natured teasing - thanks, Cecy, Aimee, Joey, Kim, Yoshi, and everyone else).  And while we dined, Ike and Aliza were extremely impressed with the sheer amount of camaraderie they saw between me and my work-family.

It's not QUITE my last day at PCH, but today made me realise how much I really will miss everyone.  I really can't tell you how I love all of my co-workers, and I am truly sad to leave.  The fact that all of them tonight made my friends feel so welcome was just the icing on the cake to remind me how I'll never be able to find anyone else to "replace" them.  Disney for most people will always be associated with the "Happiest Place on Earth" and a certain Mouse.  But for me, it will always remind me of my crazy, drama llama, hilarious work-family, and I really wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment