Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Life Highlights: More Douglass Visits

The cute little table Theo and I enjoyed lunch at in Pasadena

After a brutal morning shift at Disney, I got to visit two of my favourite Douglass people - Theodora and Jordan! Ironically I met them separately, since I tried to schedule with everyone individually, and today turned out to be the day that Theo could get lunch and Jordan could get dinner.

So after work, I went to Pasadena to meet Theo for lunch at a cute cafe called Pencil (very hipster, very good sandwiches).  We had a great time talking about our plans post-graduation and general life before capping off the conversation about social media and society and Rhett & Link! I wish I was still in LA so that we could get tickets to their Tour of Mythicality together! I really enjoyed spending the afternoon with Theo.  I forgot how easy and fun it was (and is) to talk with her and how we usually end up discussing deep psychological and philosophical topics.  Good stuff.  I'll be sad to leave, but excited to see what she's up to in the future!

Then I came back to Whittier, continued packing for a bit, watched some GMM, and continued my apartment quest before meeting Jordan down the street at Crepes and Grapes for dinner.  It ended up being more like dessert, since we split a cinnamon crepe, but the conversation was top notch! We discussed everything and anything (like my conversation with Theo), about what we were both up to, our philosophy about society's refusal to take responsibility and ownership over a philosophical stance, encouraging one another through our tough post-grad struggles (A place to live? A job? What do these tidal waves mean?), and also talking about our memories in Torrey and college together.  I was particularly touched that Jordan remembered a moment freshman year with me that I totally forgot.  He's such a good encourager and support system - one of the most solid friends you could ever ask for.

All in all a good (but long) day.

No comments:

Post a Comment