Sunday, August 6, 2017

Life Highlights: Sister Reunion

OC Fairgrounds - included a skyline ride (pictured)  which cost $5 to just go from one end of the fair to the other (pictured on the left)
                            
Today I went to the OC Fair in Costa Mesa to meet up with my sisters Dawn and Wendy (and their friend Shelly)! It was really nice to get to see both of them before my move.  I even called out of work to make sure I got to see them (since Wendy lives in Texas).  It was nice to catch up and congratulate them on their 5k race that they had just done at the fairgrounds.  We just stayed at the Baja Blues eatery so we could people watch and chat in the shade, which was great because the weather was definitely too hot to do anything else.  Although after I walked them to their gate, I did stop by the farm and petting zoo area (it felt like the proper thing to do at a fair), as well as wander around the different vendors and marvel at all the strange things for sale and items you could fry (seriously - I had no idea).

The rest of the day has been spent watching GMM, shopping, doing laundry, and......PACKING! That's right, it's finally time to go through everything (it's already August 6th?!) for New York.  Anything that doesn't fit in my two suitcases (and a few carry-ons) has got to go.

Luckily my books can all be shipped media mail (pretty essential), but right now I'm trying to figure out which pieces in my wardrobe are here to stay, and which knick-knacks are actually meaningful and which are meant for the donation/sell pile! Which, speaking of, I still haven't sold my bed which makes me worried about everything I have to do in just three weeks.  But I know God's got it all together (which is good because I definitely don't!)

Other life updates include sage advice from Dr. Wright about prayer, which I'll do a more detailed post about later, making plans to see a lot of my friends and family within these next few weeks, and starting to write ... da da da DA .... A SCRIPT! Yes, that's right.  A script.  I'd post it here, but I don't want anyone to steal the idea before I can (hopefully) publish it.

And that's about it! I'm off to go pack some more.  This week I'll be too busy to make a huge argumentative essay about Bowie, Art, and God (as per usual) so it'll probably be a lot of short little blurbs like this one.

Wendy, me, and Dawn by the fairground map

No comments:

Post a Comment