Friday, August 11, 2017

Life Highlights: More Douglass Visits (Part 2)


Just got back from a fantastic dinner with Kevin tonight! Glad we got to catch up about life, debate about art, and fervently discuss Doctor Who.  I decided to drive to Los Angeles since he always comes out to the La Mirada area for Douglass hang-outs, and I figured it was high-time he didn't have to venture out.  He lives near USC, so it was also opportune for me to suggest going to my favourite DTLA spot - Blue Cow Kitchen.  I knew (generally) where to go and where to park (although Ike always makes fun of my terrible sense of direction), so it wasn't too hard to me to navigate.

I definitely didn't realise how just being a few months out of practice of driving in LA/WeHo area every week makes you terrible at navigating the gosh darn awful traffic out there! But we survived and had a great dinner - despite not having reservations at a packed restaurant (getting turnt on a Thursday night?).  I definitely had respect for the hosts, and we got some happy hour appetizers that were pretty good, but I think something was up with their kitchen, since most of the food wasn't as good as I remembered it to be (although that could also be because I didn't order my regular).

Afterwards, Kevin and I talked and he showed me his apartment in downtown - it's pretty nice! For the rent he pays and the location he's at it's a pretty sweet set-up.  He even has a view of downtown, which is pretty nice.  So overall a really nice way to end a stressful day running around at work, doing errands, attending Skype meetings, and generally trying to get everything done before THE MOVE.  I'll definitely miss him and all of his annoyingly good and insightful critiques of my opinion about everything from art to science to pop culture to the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment