Saturday, August 12, 2017

Life Highlights: Moving Out Update

Good-bye to this faithful companion.  The one place I know I will always be accepted and happy.
I love this bed.  If I could drag it with me to New York I would.

An update regarding this list that I posted ten days ago:

  1. Put in my two weeks at both jobs
  2. Secure the room I'm going to rent in New York
  3. Pack all my belongings - figure out which items to sell/donate
  4. Sell my furniture in LA (bed frame/mattress/box spring, cabinet, dining room table)
  5. Find boxes for all my books in order to ship media mail across the country
  6. See any doctors, make any appointments, etc. to make sure I'm fit and ready for the move
  7. Buy nice clothes for job interviews and a new pair of good walking shoes
  8. Visit the last few places I haven't seen yet in LA
  9. Say goodbye to all my friends and family on the west coast
Regarding #1: I officially put in my two weeks at both jobs! My last day at the theatre will be the 26th and at Disney it will be the 29th! I can't believe I have 14 days at the box office and 17 days left at PCH.  It's been a crazy summer and an even crazier two years.

Regarding #2: Fingers crossed and hands in prayer because I might have a place by Monday! More on that in the next few days, but my number one choice is located in East Harlem, which I'm sincerely hoping I get.  The roommate is amazing and the place is gorgeous.

Regarding #3: Started to pack.  It's my personal hell.  On one hand, I love organizing, but on the other hand my room has been in a constant state of chaos which has ruined my mental peace of mind for the past week.  Right now there's an immediate path to the door from my bed, and that's about it.  Other than that my room is littered with clothes, papers, and miscellaneous crap.

Regarding #4: I officially sold my bed today! Which I'm extremely happy about - it's a huge weight off my chest (and my back, since I won't have to move it!) I also got rid of the dining room set - Ike wants it, so he's willing to pick it up which is another thing I won't have to mess with! I even found a potential place for Manar's bed with Aliza, who's thinking about buying it.  So on this front, life is going extremely well.

Regarding #5: Asked chef today at work if I could pilfer some boxes for the move and he said yes! So I now have a place to get some free cardboard from - which is excellent, since Manar was thinking about buying boxes (but I thought no way if you can get it for free!)

Regarding #6 & #7: Literally no headway.  It's been too busy.

Regarding #8 & #9: Going hand-in-hand, I've been making appointments like crazy with friends and family (as seen in previous posts) to see everyone all over southern California, so both goals are definitely being accomplished here.  But there still doesn't feel like enough hours in the day!

And that's it! Hopefully good news on Monday.  But for now, it's time for bed.  I worked thirteen straight hours today, and I'm about to wake up and do it all over again at 5:30am tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment