Friday, September 15, 2017

Life Highlights: Physical Writing

Photo of the 3rd floor of The Strand which houses "Rare Books".  Everything from first editions of Harry Potter to a beautifully bound Complete Works of Shakspeare can be found here (not to mention autographed books and books on photography, design, etc. etc).  God bless this place.

Took the time today to practice the act of "Real"-physical-pen-and-paper writing today! I bought a few lovely things to mail my friends and family (which I don't want to spoil on this blog).  I also bought some excellent pens and notebooks at a reasonable price that I was hunting for all month.  This is because I have to rebuild my stationary and office supply collection since I left all of mine back on the west coast.  Plus it was an excellent excuse to spend another day at the Strand (I swear I could buy that entire bookshop).

Update About Job Hunting: I worked all day (and the past three days) perfecting and writing the first "dream media job" application I'm sending in! I don't want to jinx it, but at the same time if "it's meant to be" I know God's going to come in clutch (although let's be honest, He never "leaves" clutch), as this move has taught me.

Update About Washington Square Park Friend: officially have made time to see each other again next weekend, so I'm hoping that our new friendship is going to go well.  Praise the Lord for giving me the courage to talk to nice-looking strangers on park benches.


No comments:

Post a Comment