Sunday, November 19, 2017

Life Highlights: A Busy Week

Crystal's friend Preston, me, Michiru, and Crystal posing by the newly decorated Christmas tree at church
Today marks the beginning of what will most likely be my last "long week" for a while. It's a mix of working at Sony for the first half of the week and my last three days at the restaurant for the second half, topped off with going to see Handel's Messiah at Carnegie Hall on Saturday!

There's so much to do I have no idea how I will manage to get through everything, although I am excited to try - especially with the Sony gig, since I would love to work there one day (or in a similar nature with a different company) as an entry level position.

Aside from my crazy to-do list I also had a nice Sunday hanging out with old and new church friends (as pictured above) and packing Christmas shoe boxes at the church. Everything was really great, although at the same time I couldn't help but miss old friends who intuitively understood my jokes and that I didn't have to feel awkward and over-analytical with. However, getting to know everyone more was also extremely valuable and I hope to do so again sometime soon.

I'm really excited to go home to Oregon for a few days next week (!) The only thing that would make it perfect is if I could also see all my California friends and family, although I'm afraid that won't be for a while yet.

In other news, during my downtime tomorrow I hope to write an exciting article on Bowie's use of "call and response" in his music and how that relates to Christianity, to write an outline for the church media I'm helping to create, and to brush up on my general affairs. Working at a music company has been really great at inspiring me to write more about my passion for music history.

Praying for a great week and for my opportunity at Sony to really help me advance forward in my career. (James 4:13-17, y'all - it's my theme verse[s] this season)

No comments:

Post a Comment