Thursday, November 23, 2017

Life Highlights: Happy Thanksgiving

All I've done
I've done for me
All you gave
You gave for free
I gave nothing in return
And there's little left of me
All the days of my life
All the days of my life
All the days I owe you 
                          -- "Days", David Bowie
A Very Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! I am reminded today of how thankful I am for all the blessings the Good Lord has bestowed and to praise Him for all that He has done for me!

I unfortunately worked for 11 straight hours today, so no time for an in depth post about thankfulness and gratitude. Instead, here's the text from David Bowie's own blog that commemorated the 2001 holiday:

Happy Thanksgiving To All

"Not exactly what I meant by a nice bird with a big chest...however."

Thank god heaven left us, Standing on our feet...

It's the third Thursday of November and that means Thanksgiving in the US of A. For the benefit of some of us Europeans that are wondering why we're getting no e-mail from our American friends today, it's because they're too stuffed to move.

Thanksgiving is a time when Americans celebrate, with the aid of food (turkey in particular), the perseverance of the Pilgrims who sailed into Plymouth harbour aboard the Mayflower almost 400 years ago...and it's a nod of appreciation to a rather helpful Abnaki Indian with some pretty useful gardening tips who went by the name of Squanto.

Anyway, you don't need any history lessons from some flaky Limey...so eat, be merry...and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment