Thursday, November 30, 2017

Life Highlights: Long Day of Travel

 Before leaving, I got to see this lovely yesterday! So happy to have been reunited with Lisa for an hour in Bryant Park.
This morning I woke up in New York, but tonight I will be sleeping in Oregon! It's going to be a full day of travelling, but worth it to see family and friends again. Although I will admit to an odd feeling of homesickness for New York already - especially watching the sun rise over the skyline on the way to the airport today.

I have worked hard these past few months to build a life in the City, and despite the fact it's far from perfect or completely established, I'm happy to say that I've made a lot of progress in the short time I've been here. I have at least three friends that I have regularly seen in multiple social settings, I have a job that pays the bills and helps me build my resume to work in the entertainment industry, I have somewhat figured out my way around Manhattan, and I have my "favourite haunts" already throughout the City. It very much so feels like my "real" adult life (Oregon being my childhood and California being my college days), so going away from it feels very strange - even if it's just for 10 short days to celebrate the holidays.

But aside from this odd sensation of wistfulness, I am excited to see my friends and family. My cousins from out of state are even coming to celebrate our grandfather's birthday party tomorrow! So it will be a whirlwind of visits and catching up, I'm sure. And before I know it, I'll be back to the "real world" of living in Manhattan again.

No comments:

Post a Comment