Saturday, December 16, 2017

Life Highlights: Oops! Forgot to Post and Christmas Book Haul


I feel so daft, but as a human I'm prone to err here and there - my determination to write every day was totally forgotten yesterday as I abandoned this blog.  Although, I will say I think it's pretty good going that this was the first instance of forgetting since I started this blog over five months ago.

Therefore, let me make-up today with two blogs.  This one including a post from my Instagram showing the fine Christmas Book Haul I got this year (a mix of family and friends and my own personal recommendations - see above and below).  As some further points of interest, I am currently reading Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (which can be credited for my rather odd and formal way of writing right now), and I recently fished Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.  Moreover, the two books inspired by Bowie's Top 100 Books list that can be pictured above were A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole and Selected Poems by T.S. Eliot.

Christmas Book Haul 2017:
Bowie took 400 books with him to Mexico to the shoot of 1976 film The Man Who To Earth. He told Mr Showbiz in 1997: "I was dead scared of leaving them in New York, because I was knocking around with some dodgy people and I didn't want them nicking any of my books." 
That set a pattern of taking a travelling library on tour and Bowie said: "I had these cabinets – it was a travelling library – and they were rather like the boxes that amplifiers get packed up in. . . because of that period, I have an extraordinarily good collection of books." - The Telegraph

In alphabetical order:

The Grip of Film by Richard Ayoade
Selected Poems by T.S. Eliot
Pretentiousness: Why It Matters by Dan Fox
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Origami City by Shuki Kato and Jordan Langerak
The Complete Stories by Flannery O'Connor
What is Art? by Leo Tolstoy
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
Things Organized Neatly curated by Austin Radcliffe

No comments:

Post a Comment