Thursday, December 14, 2017

Life Highlights: Snow Day

Bowie in a New York snowfall - from the hairstyle my guess is that this picture was taken around 2013-2014
By far the best thing about today was that it was SNOWING!! I woke up around 6:30am and looked out my window - what did I see? A crack in the sky and SNOW falling down on me! Then I looked at my text messages and saw that my roommate told me it was snowing around midnight.  She knows how much I love the snow (and I know how much she doesn't like it), so I thought it was very nice that she texted me to let me know!

I couldn't contain myself and I literally jumped out of bed to get dressed - I didn't even have breakfast - and I was out my door before 8am.  I walked over to Central Park immediately because I wanted to get some good pictures in before all the ploughs had shoved it to the side and people's footprints ruined the virgin snowfall.  Not to mention that the weather report said it would stop snowing around noon, and the sun would come out all afternoon.  So I made sure I got out of bed while it was still snowing.

I ended up spending about two hours frolicking in the snow, taking lots of pictures of the park, before deciding to head back.  I actually walked the entire width of the park without knowing it before I turned myself back around to head home towards the Eastside.

All in all an excellent "first snow" day for me in 2017, even though I didn't get to experience the actual first snow on Sunday, and this wasn't my first snow day in New York.  That was actually almost three years ago in 2015 (the day after Bowie's 68th birthday!), and Manar and I took some lovely pictures of Central Park at that time too (pictured below):





But instead of those pictures, here are (just some of) the ones that I took today!















No comments:

Post a Comment