Thursday, April 12, 2018

Current Contemplations: Amazing Grace (Building)


Recently, it hit me that for as much as I love symbols and signs in literature, in my real life I'm kind of an oblivious, ignorant human.  And this was particularly true as I thought back to how my goal for 2018: learning patience and obedience to God.  Yet instead of granting me more of that (specifically, like an unfeeling robot who only follows rules), God instead had the mercy and love to answer my request for more patience and obedience with an overflowing abundance of grace.

I still can't articulate everything that lead to that conclusion in one place, but I know it's true in the depths of my soul.  And in fact, in case I need a reminder, I just have to remember the job opportunity God granted me - and I'm not talking about the job itself.

HBO headquarters in New York City has two buildings.  One is the, predictably named, HBO Building, which they own and it's where most people who work at HBO, well, work.  But it's connected via elevator banks to a neighbouring building of which they rent only a handful of floors out to their other departments.  I just so happen to work in this side building, out of all the chances that I could've worked at HBO, I was assigned to someone who works here.

The name of this other building?

Grace.

That's right.  I literally work in the GRACE Building (and in fact, on the front of the building is just the word GRACE in all capital letters when you enter).

Anyways, I thought I would share this little fun fact with you, my avid blog readers, as you enjoy God's VERY OBVIOUS SYMBOLISM along with me.  And for all my love of literature and films, I can't believe I didn't catch this one sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment