Friday, April 13, 2018

Life Highlights: Planning New York Trip


Taking my job as "Tour Guide" very seriously today and going over in depth the "MASTER PLAN ITINERARY" that I've prepared for when Todd and Bubs get here.  Obviously we can do as much or as little as we want, but I just want to make sure that we have the option to see ALL OF THE THINGS together when they get here!

Yesterday I went to the Strand while waiting around in Gramercy, and although I originally was going to buy the DK guidebook (you can never go wrong with DK), I found the "Blue Guide: New York" instead to be even better.  It was all organized by neighbourhood as well, with little paragraph blurbs of history about the highlights of each area - exactly what I was looking for.  Apparently, this brand has been around for 100 years (! and of course it's British), and has editions for lots of different cities.  And after perusing through it a bit, I think I have a much better idea of what I want to plan and where to go.

At first I thought I planned too much, then I thought I had planned too little, but now I'm back to thinking I've planned too much! I've broken everything down into neighbourhood sections so that we can highlight one part of New York in a day and then move on to another area, but there's so much to see and do in each place!

If we just walked around then I'm sure it wouldn't be too strenuous, but for some of the things where they're only open certain hours, set times on tickets, lines, etc. definitely add up the cost (both in time and in money).  So right now I'm trying to figure out which things we should pre-order, which we can buy there, and which things we want to do at all.

Todd and Bubs may be annoyed at my incessant planning and nagging texts, but it's all in the spirit of making sure we get to do everything we want to while they're here (I swear!).

No comments:

Post a Comment