Monday, April 30, 2018

Life Highlights: Drabble 8


Despite abandoning this blog for the weekend, I actually didn't abandon writing! I was journaling all weekend in between preparing for Todd and Annaliese to come visit! Some good internal emotional work that has been beneficial for my spiritual/emotional health.  But that being said, I'm allowing myself a break from blogging from the 2nd to the 7th because I want to simply enjoy my time with them!

But a quick life update is that so far things have been good, even if I'm still stressed and my hamstrings are way too tight.  I've now been at HBO officially for one month and three days, so I feel a little bit better in terms of getting the hang of things.  I've ordered a car, filed an expense report, coordinated catering, etc. so I'm getting better at the raw components of the job for sure.  But I'm still lamenting the fact that I can't just make the exact things I want to make right now.  Again, the transition from film as a "passion project" to a "legit business profession" is tough.  But slowly but surely I think I'm getting there.

Meanwhile, I am also getting more accustomed to being a New Yorker in the sense that I don't just want to move back to the west coast immediately like I did earlier in 2018.  I think what's definitely helped is getting more of a work community and also making friends with my "new" roommates (of two months).  Not to mention that a steady paycheque now allows me to "break even" every month with my expenses, rather than simply going further and further into the red.

However, I still am pretty set on returning to LA next year as I still don't like being so far away from my friends and family.  Not to mention my hope for getting a job closer to what I actually want to be doing (producing) if I move back west.

As to Todd and Annaliese, I can't believe I'm seeing them tomorrow! I haven't seen them since December, but it's been too long! I can't wait to share the City with them and go do touristy things together.  I hope we all have as much fun as we've been planning for the past five months!

No comments:

Post a Comment