Thursday, April 26, 2018

Wardrobe of Moral Imagination: GMM Predictive Text Music Video Addition


For the past two days I've been playing Rhett and Link's "predictive text" music videos on loop! They're just so good and clever and hilarious.  They remind me a lot of a modern version of Bowie's cut-up method and his special-made computer programme - Verbizer - which basically did the same thing as the physical process of literally cutting up snippets of text to re-arrange.

Some of the lyrics are great and others are garbage (and pretty funny).  I definitely wonder if they curated the best ones that were generated in order to make everything rhyme (and be hilarious).  And honestly some of the lyrics have great imagery/symbolism - the way only A.I. can create!

They also remind me of the musical comedy theatre that Bowie did during his "Laughing Gnome" days of the early 60s, which makes them all the more endearing to me (even past the auto-tune).

Below are my favourite lyrics from "Shake the Death" and "Body Like a Back Road" (and I love this version of "Body Like a Back Road" so much I haven't even listened to the "real" version of the song!)

"Shake the Death"



Best Lyrics:

You know it feels right; I know you feel the moon

Don't brag about my confidence; Too dumb to help you better

Don't fight away the sexy sense; Come on why don't you let her

I'm ready to recruit the moon; But she's so complicated; I'm ready to recruit the stars

I'm on a train to woman town; I've got my dangerous baby; I'm throwing all that money down

Get away with your sexy brain; ain't thinking bout another"




"Body Like a Back Road"



Best Lyrics:

Got the truck on fire; Gotta mess right here; first time I should've slowed down; It's just not my year

I swear I ain't creepin; Something bout your eyes; Makes me talk like a man

Sayin that you don't know me; Well that's real sweet

Got a redneck bathtub; filled up with bad vibes; Ain't gon say goodbye to your tattooed eyes

Body like a streetlight; Ooo that shines me too bright

We're never gettin older; It's the sexy truth

Gettin older in a hury; Life's too short to worry; I'm gon jump your heart like; It's a new car


No comments:

Post a Comment