Monday, May 21, 2018

Life Highlights: Drabble 13


I feel the end of this blog drawing near (at least in terms of an "every day post" kind of thing.  I have turned more towards my journal to do my interior processing that I want to do regarding my spiritual life and revelations about God that He has blessed me with.  And my obsession with Bowie, while still a happy simmer, is slowly dying in favour of Gravity Falls, which it has been for a while anyways, but it well and truly is on its way out.

So I think at the anniversary of a year of this blog (in July) I'll switch over to updating when I have something interesting and/or important I want to talk about (that isn't on Facebook or something of that sort).  But otherwise I don't think I'll do my daily updates here.  Not that this blog has been a lot of updates - just snippets of poetry at most interspersed with life updates and drabbles (very few argumentative essays have appeared here since last year).

Which, honestly, I'm quite happy with.  Not everything I write do I want to be recorded by Google (or read by anyone on the Internet).  And hand writing in a journal is a perfect way to internally process a lot of thoughts and feelings that I have.  Even if I was reluctant at first to even call it a journal since in the past I've been so horrible at keeping one (as in, I never kept one).  I even called it originally just an ideas notebook or a place to drabble in - I only started calling it at journal after loving Gravity Falls.

And so life keeps moving on.  Marine came into town yesterday and we had a lot of fun.  First we went to the Met, then we went down to Madison Square Park and the Flat Iron building before going to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, finishing the day by shopping on Broadway in Nolita and at Macy's in Herald Square.  We got lunch at Dig Inn on the Upper East Side (delicious and healthy! If not also stupidly expensive), and dinner at Mexicue - really close to my work, actually, and totally phenomenal.  Great food with a reasonable cost - it's definitely going on my favourite places to eat out now.

She also surprised me with Broadway show tickets for tomorrow! We're going to see Anastasia which is great since I ALMOST got those tickets for when Manar was here, but ended up going to see Phantom instead (although that is also a fantastic show, of course).  So I'm super excited to see it now! I wish I could to an all out extravaganza like I did with Bubs and Todd again, but so soon after their visit just two weeks ago (almost three), I definitely don't have enough money (or time off) to do so right now, unfortunately.  But I'm planning on getting lunch and dinner/spend the evenings and nights with her for the next three days that she's here.

Other than that, I'm still holding out hope that my friend Nolan will be in the City in early June (I really would love to get dinner with him!) and then my friends Theo and Jordan are coming for the first week of July! So plans a plenty are still happening.  Not to mention the fact that my mom has THREE (!) trips planned for New York in the coming year - one in the fall, one during Christmas time, and one next spring! So lots to look forward to as my time in the City is drawing to a close (since I predict moving back to the west coast by some time next year).

No comments:

Post a Comment