Friday, September 1, 2017

Life Highlights: Moving Out and Moving On

Goodbye Bedroom

Exhausted. Emotional. Ending. Three words that describe my day as I officially moved out of my first ever apartment!

Because we decided to move in 106°F (And 1000% humidity) weather, having slept on the floor for the past two nights, and the emotional toll of the day (plus the early start tomorrow to help Manar start moving into her new place), I'll make this post brief.

Manar came back last night to help clean and then it was time to pack it all up and move it all out! We finally finished tonight around 9pm, and I drove off to the hotel in Santa Ana to wait for our flight on tomorrow's tomorrow.

It's a weird feeling. I have all my suitcases packed with me in the hotel room and I feel more like I've over packed for a short vacation rather than under packed for an entire move across the country. I keep feeling like I will go back to my small Whittier apartment, open the door to see my sister in her bed watching Netflix, and then unpack all my belongings back into my own wardrobe and then sleep in my own bed.

But at the same time, mixed with an incredible feeling of nostalgia, I recognise that all chapters end, and that also means new ones begin. I'm getting more excited for the big move this week, and now more than ever it feels "real". Locking up my door for the last time and dropping the keys off at the property management company almost two years after when we first rented the place was surreal and invigourating. I can't wait until Saturday!

(Also s/o to our mom for coming out to help us move. She's pretty much the best mom ever for doing all the heavy lifting [literally] and buying us food.)

Goodbye Snake's room/living room/dining room/only room in the flat with a/c

Goodbye kitchen I rarely used except for when the occasional friend came over or I made (frequent) bowls of breakfast pasta

Goodbye bathroom (One bathroom selfie for the road)



No comments:

Post a Comment