Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Life Highlights: A Very Bowie Morning

Me in front of Olive's with procured sandwich bag and McNally Jackson's bag in tow
Today was a very needed relaxing day in NYC (after walking nearly 20 miles in two days).

We woke up and went to Olive's for breakfast, a staple favourite eatery of Bowie's, before heading off to McNally Jackson's to go book browsing (a favourite book shop of Bowie's) where I discovered a copy of Frank O'Hara's "Selected Poems"! This was the only book of poetry on Bowie's Top 100 Favourite Books list, and I've been eager to find a copy for myself. Then we went back to Olive's for lunch to order the chicken sandwich, which was a personal favourite of the late artist's. So it was a pretty great Bowie day before we headed off to see the Met!
My mom contemplating the Egyptian wing of the Met
We walked through Central Park to get to the building, and once inside we enjoyed looking at everything just on the bottom floor! We saw the Egyptian rooms, the American Wing, the Grecian and Roman statues, the African, Oceania, and Americas wing, and the Contemporary exhibits before heading back to my apartment to drop off my new book.
Walk back to the subway station in Midtown after stopping to get some Pret
Then we swung by a Pret a Manger (I still can't believe I have access to one of my favourite eateries from London now!) before coming back to the apartment we have for one more day (!) in East Village.

Tomorrow we plan on finishing the last of moving me in before going to see Rockefeller Centre and Times Square - a proper New York send off before she leaves for home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment