Sunday, October 1, 2017

Life Highlights: An Unexpected Interruption


So I thought the post today would be a long one, but I unexpectedly got called in to work tomorrow morning, so unfortunately my evening was spent in a rush of errands rather than writing. This job has definitely been helpful in teaching me what I want in a career, even though the growth these past two weeks has been extremely painful (lots of anxiety and depression to go around!).

However, before the call I had a lovely time going to church, meeting a family friend's family for lunch, and then relaxing with an excellent double feature on cable: Cars and Mulan (I've recently been heavily indulging in children's films). I also went to Central Park after church and started reading a new Bowie book (that I actually tried to start a while ago) called Hawksmoor. It's pretty spooky, spiritually dark, and very thrilling - Ackroyd has already demonstrated an uncanny knack of revealing the ugly truth of humanity in his excellent writing. A brilliant quote: "It was her instinctive belief, however, that if she dwelled upon such scenes in sufficient detail she could prevent them from occurring: anxiety was, for her, a form of prayer." I can't wait to finish!

Other than that the big news this week is that it's Manar's birthday tomorrow! So a celebration will be happening for that, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment