Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Wardrobe of Moral Imagination: Lake Street Dive Addition


For the past few weeks, all I've been able to listen to is Lake Street Dive! So I figured they deserved a huge shout-out on my blog.

Originally from Boston, their wikipedia page describes their sound as a blend between southern rock, indie pop, blue-eyed soul, jazz, folk rock and motown (some of the best genres, to be honest).  My friend Shane introduced them to me about a year ago, and I really liked them, but with the release of their latest album "Free Yoruself Up" this year, I've once again found myself going back to their sound - which is my type of music.  Lyrically and musically demanding, catchy as all get out, and an all-around great treat for your ears, give them a listen!

Below is the link to my Spotify playlist of my favourites by them:

https://open.spotify.com/user/pieces_of_jade/playlist/2Zh2TZYJCLIe4gvBfr2syi

No comments:

Post a Comment